Monday, June 23, 2008

Laney Loves Music

I'm feeling more myself this week, so I'm going to do something out of character - post on our blog! Right now, Laney and I are watching "Grease". We found out over the past few days that our little girl enjoys music, and the louder the better. I attribute this to a few things - while pregnant, I would listen to a variety of music stations on Pandora.com (a great online radio station you should check out if you haven't heard of it), my calling at church was choir director, and in general both Jamison and I love music and have it on whenever we can.

Anyway, the other morning Laney was a little fussy, so I brought her out to the living room and turned on one of my Pandora stations. She went to sleep after a minute or two. The funny thing is the station I picked plays mostly alternative bands - Death Cab for Cutie, Dashboard Confessional, Ok Go, etc. - but it did the trick! Also this past Saturday we went down to Kings Island, and since I'm not allowed on any roller coasters yet (blah!), mom, Laney, and I went to a bunch of shows. The music was blasting in a few of them, but she slept on through. Just in case you were wondering, we decided to go this past weekend since we bought season passes for 2008 (thanks goes out to the IRS for their stimulus check). We went with my parents and brother (Eric), our friends the Kuroiwa's (Nicole, Josh, and Mara), and two of Jamison's co-workers from his lab at IUPUI (Yiqiang and Ang). Here's a picture of the group:

We all had a good time even though we were rained on for part of the day. . . but that helped thin out the crowd. Now for a few more pictures, some from Kings Island, others just random from the past week or so.

Our little family on the carousel at the end of a fun day at Kings Island!

A very smitten daddy - she's already got him wrapped around her little finger.

My mom (also known as Grandma now) riding one of the few rides that she enjoys at KI.

Ang and Yiqiang enjoying the carousel too!

My sweet baby taking a nap - I love her chubby cheeks!

All dressed up after church this past Sunday, so we had to take some pics. Isn't she the cutest? But we found that the headband is a little small for her . . . may have inherited her daddy's huge noggin. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

You look so GOOD!! And she is adorable. how funny that she like alternative music!! Leia does have her favs too, she even sings to some songs, it's pretty funny. Hope you're doing good.

9:01 PM  
Blogger kmorganhillig said...

Ah Laney, welcome to the fat-head-kid club! Hopefully you remember that Carl and I will most definitely be having fat-head-kids, and don't take offense to that! We mean it only as a term of endearment...but seriously, she is so perfect, I love her cute little nose! You guys both look great, relaxed and happy. We can't wait to meet little Laney!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home